Foxwood Country Club facilities being renovated
Crestview golf course to have first Toptracer Range in area
CRESTVIEW — After years of sitting unused and overgrown, the city of Crestview is transforming the Foxwood Country Club property into more than an 18-hole golf course.
The city purchased the property in late 2020 and began restoring the grounds.
The property will be receiving a new name, along with facility upgrades. Amenities will include a full restaurant and lounge, pro shop, patio, event area, and pickleball court, in addition to the newly restored golf course.
At its Aug. 23 meeting, the Crestview City Council approved plans for an exciting new feature for the property, the area’s only high-tech Toptracer Range. GolfPass has described Toptracer as the future of driving ranges.
Adding Toptracer to the course expands its appeal, City Manager Tim Bolduc said, noting the system not only draws golfers to the course, but also provides entertainment for those looking for a fun night out.
The technology has a game mode, in addition to course maps and practice mode, making it attractive to golfers of all ages.
Toptracer was created by a golf fan whose first prototype of the high-tech range opened in 2012.
“The system uses the very same technology seen on TV” to allow viewers to track a player’s ball, as well as displaying data such as ball speed and arc height, Toptracer stated on its website.
In a blending of the digital “video game” world with actual golfing, Toptracer has proven attractive to players, who can “play” virtual golf in different game environments. Similarly, golfers can also try the challenges of world-famous course holes through virtual play.
The system also stores players’ data, allowing them to compare their progress as they improve their swings.
Using the Foxwood driving range’s existing tee box, Toptracer Range can install up to 17 driving bays — which also include lounge furniture and fans — the company said.
“This is going to be a great amenity for our local golfers and our visitors,” Bolduc said. “We’re excited to be introducing Toptracer to this area.”
Bolduc said the new facility is planned to open in early 2022.
TOPTRACER RANGE STATS
Toptracer Range’s research shows the digital golf system not only attracts players to a golf course but keeps them there longer. Plus, it attracts younger golfers who are used to playing video games and using digital technology. Here are some stats from Toptracer’s research:
- 70 percent of range operators say people are coming more often because of Toptracer.
- 90 percent of ranger operators saw a minimum of 25 percent revenue increase after installing Toptracer
- Business impact factors: New customers are attracted; existing customers come more often; customers spend more per visit.
- Changing demographics observed: 60 percent see younger adults coming; 57 percent see more leisure golfers; 42 percent see more women players.
- 85 percent of customers are likely to renew their club membership when a course offers Toptracer.
- 80 percent are likely to renew their range service when it has Toptracer.
- 75 percent of golfers would actively seek out a Toptracer Range.
- 75 percent of club members say it would add value to their membership.
- 76 percent say Toptracer makes the driving range experience more fun.
- 77 percent say Toptracer helps them improve their game.
- 70 percent say they would go to a course that offers Toptracer Range.