Okaloosa elections office reminds voters of important dates
CRESTVIEW – The Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections has received numerous calls from voters who have received a text message encouraging them to “vote early” by requesting a mail ballot.
While the message does not have erroneous information, the elections office wants to remind voters of roaching important dates and deadlines for the Nov. 3 General Election.
Vote-by-mail ballots began to be mailed to non-military voters Thursday,
The registration deadline to be eligible for the General Election is Oct.5.
The deadline to request a vote-by-mail ballot is Oct. 24..
Early voting dates are Oct. 19-31 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. every day at five sites:
- Crestview Community Center, 1445 Commerce Drive
- Crestview Elections Headquarters, 302 N. Wilson St,
- Destin Community Center, 101 Stahlman Ave,
- Niceville Community Center, 204 N Partin Drive
- Okaloosa County Administration Building, 1250 Eglin Parkway, Shalimar
- All mail ballots must be received by the elections office by 7 p.m. Election Day to count.
All of this information, including vote-by-mail status, early voting locations and hours, and Election Day polling place information can be found at www.voteokaloosa.gov.