CRESTVIEW — One firefighter was injured Wednesday while fighting a house fire at the 300 block of McCallum Avenue.

The Crestview Fire Department responded to the call at approximately 3:52 p.m., according to a social media post. When crews arrived, the duplex had significant smoke coming from the front interior.

The person living in the home was cooking and left the stove unattended, according to the post. The fire spread from the stove to the cabinets above the stove leading to the attic.

The resident tried to put out the fire and then called for help.

Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from extending further into the home, the post said. The structure sustained minimal damage and the occupant was not injured.

Fire department personnel conducted the fire investigation and determined that the fire was accidental.

One firefighter suffered an injury during the incident and was taken by Okaloosa County EMS to North Okaloosa Medical Center for treatment. The firefighter was later released from the hospital.

The American Red Cross was contacted to help the displaced resident. The Okaloosa County EMS and Crestview Police Department assisted with the incident.