CRESTVIEW — The Crestview Fire Department responded to a structure fire at approximately 6:21 p.m. on Tuesday located on Riverchase Boulevard, according to CFD Senior Captain Corey Winkler. The American Red Cross assisted the displaced family of three.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find smoke and flames showing from the master bathroom at the rear of the home. They extinguished the fire with minimal fire damage to the home, according to Winkler.

The apparent cause of the fire, Winkler said, was an electrical short in a master bedroom power outlet.

There were no injuries but the family and their pets are displaced until the home can be repaired, Winkler said.

The American Red Cross is helping the family, according to a press release from Red Cross Executive Director Jerry Kindle.

A family of two adults and a child received financial assistance to help with temporary lodging and to replace necessities lost in the fire like food, clothing and medications, according to Kindle.