FORT WALTON BEACH — Kiliegh Whited jumped into the air, reached up and made a spectacular grab while landing just inside the white out-of-bounds line.

With the flag football season on the line, again, Crestview appeared to come through.

Just as quick as the Bulldogs kept their playoff hopes alive Monday, it all came to a sudden halt.

Choctaw's defense made a stop on the extra point try — either a sac or interception — and the host Indians prevailed 13-12 in three overtimes, advancing to the District 1-1A championship against Niceville.

That game begins at 6 p.m. at Choctaw.

This one provided onlookers a little extra drama.

Crestview momentarily saved its season with a 63-yard catch and run on fourth down from quarterback Aliyiah Brown to Kashira Casey. Facing a 6-0 deficit, the Bulldogs provided the tying score with one minute left.

Choctaw couldn't answer, and the game between the tournament's No. 1 and No. 4 seeds was bound for overtime.

That's where the drama picked up.

Kassandra Fairly, who ran in Choctaw's only regulation score, was picked off by Crestview's Christa Johnson on the first play of overtime.

Crestview got to the 5-yard line, and an option play resulted in Johnson and Fairly colliding at the goal line.

Crestview, though, was flagged with a controversial forward lateral infraction while Choctaw received an unnecessary roughness penalty. The two were offset, and instead of the Bulldogs with the ball at the half-yard line, or even in the end zone, they were back at the 5.

Arguments started, and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty moved Crestview even further back.

Fairly picked off the next pass, and it was on to the second overtime.

Crestview didn't score on its possession, but the Bulldogs got a huge play from Amiah Banks, whose pass deflection on fourth down kept the game going.

Fairly started the third overtime with two 5-yard runs, the second crossing the goal line. Then she raced into the end zone for the eventual game-winning extra point.