Monday night, Crestview welcomed three men to join Robyn Helt and Thomas Gordon on the council chamber’s dais where important decisions are made.
Joe Blocker, Shannon Hayes and Mickey Rytman took their Oath of Office among friends, family, current and past city officials and concerned residents.
Blocker has more than 50 years’ experience as a commercial construction project manager, and has worked with city, county, state and federal officials.
Hayes has more than 30 years’ experience as a retail manager, and the financial, business, personnel management and customer service skills to go along with it.
Rytman, a building/fire inspector, has chaired the city’s Local Planning Agency, has served on the Community Redevelopment Agency Grants Review Board and is a member and past president of the Main Street Crestview Association.
All three men are Crestview natives; have extensive civic interest and involvement in their communities; and have earned their constituents’ respect.
We wish them well, but issue a reminder: as political pressures set in, always keep Crestview residents’ best interest at the forefront.
Though just 10.5 percent of residents voted in the municipal election, the other 89.5 percent would be sorry if their city leaders acted otherwise.
And for that reason, we’ll be watching.
Contact News Bulletin Editor Thomas Boni at 682-6524 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @cnbeditor.