Northwest Florida State College students who successfully completed the technical certificate program for Emergency Medical Technician during the spring 2014 academic semester are as follows.
● CRESTVIEW: Thomas Salka, Nathan Pfrimmer, Matthew Hernandez
● FORT WALTON BEACH: Devin Crosson, Katrina West, Joshua Hurley, Kasey Hunt, James Smith, Stewart Avera, Megan Rao, Collin Urenda
● NICEVILLE: Lavon Streight, Jessie Eldridge, Scott Kaskie, Ryan Fisher, Avery Helms
● VALPARAISO: Rachael Hoover, John Dowd
● DEFUNIAK SPRINGS: Nathan Shalduha, Ashley Butts, Clay Thames
● DESTIN: Romullo T. Silva
● MARY ESTHER: Nicole Clark, Lauren Rogers
● MIRAMAR BEACH: Leilani Morgan
Shalduha earned the Academic Excellence Award for highest class GPA.
Hernandez earned the EMS Hearts & Hands Award in recognition of professionalism, compassion and a positive attitude.
The graduates are now eligible to take the Florida State and National Registry EMT exam, Barry Reed, Emergency Services director, said.
After passing the Florida exam, graduates can work for employers including ambulance services, hospitals, fire departments and military organizations.