UPDATE: Crestview BBQ venue damaged in fire prior to grand opening

Buddy's Fire

A fire at Buddy's View BBQ burned through the trailer's metal skin and damaged its south end, delaying the venue's scheduled Friday opening.

BRIAN HUGHES / News Bulletin
Published: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

CRESTVIEW — A Tuesday night fire damaged Crestview’s newest barbecue venue before it had a chance to open, causing an $25,000 in damage to the facility and its contents.

Owner Naaman Eicher said he will have more information about rescheduling his planned Friday grand opening after his insurance company inspects the damage.

The Crestview Fire Department reported the alarm at Buddy’s View BBQ was raised at 10:51 p.m. The blaze burned through the metal rear side wall of the trailer that comprises the business.

The trailer is located in the Waterfront Mission thrift store’s parking lot at 1975 South Ferdon Blvd.

The cause of the fire was determined to be “improper disposal of wood ash materials,” according to the fire department’s report.

“The fire department thinks it was an ember in the ash pail, and it caught the mop pail on fire,” Eicher said. “All the equipment worked well, including the fire suppression system. What we had was operator error.”

Eicher praised city officials for their efficiency as he got his business ready to open, and had praise for the fire department’s quick response to save most of it from the fire.



1 2 3
Next

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

COMMENTS
▲ Return to Top
 

Local Faves