Fire burns through Crestview home


Firemen respond to the scene of a house fire at 154 Cabana Way, Crestview on Jan. 9.

FILE PHOTO | Northwest Florida Daily News
Published: Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

A fire that kept crews busy until 4 a.m. Wednesday morning appears to have been caused by an "accidental electrical" problem in the attic, according to a press release from the Crestview Fire Department.

The call for 154 Cabana Way in Crestview came in just before midnight Tuesday, according to Crestview Fire Department Battalion Chief Marquis Johnson.

Engines arrived to find flames coming through the roof of the home and the residents safely evacuated, Johnson said.

Firefighters were on scene for four hours, Johnson said.

The fire caused an estimated $75,000 in damage to the structure, with an additional $25,000 in damage to the contents of the home.

The fire was investigated by the State Fire Marshal's office.

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top

Local Faves