CRESTVIEW — A house suffered extensive damage Saturday afternoon after an unattended child left a pot of grease cooking on the stove.

According to a press release from the Crestview Fire Department, just past noon Saturday firefighters responded to a house fire at 105 Live Oak Terrace with a report of a child trapped inside. Crews arrived on scene and were able to determine that everyone had made it out safely, but the house was a total loss.

No injuries were reported.

An investigator from the Florida Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations determined that a child had been cooking in the kitchen and left an unattended pot of grease on the stove, causing the fire, according to the press release.

The American Red Cross was notified to assist the family until the home can be repaired. North Okaloosa Fire District and the Crestview Police Department also assisted with the incident.