The College Football Playoff Ranking and the Associated Press Poll, and sports news media sites are all talking Alabama-Notre Dame or Georgia-Ohio State. But you see, the other teams do not have the same win-loss status.
Have you noticed that they have left out Wisconsin, but think Oklahoma State and Oklahoma are better teams? And do you see the scramble for the Bowl bids, lining them up to see who is going to be their opponent? Ahhh! to have a good working crystal ball.
Here are your 10 picks for the week plus a tie breaker for Nov. 11.
1. Florida State Seminoles versus Clemson Tigers: Just about all the teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference are beating up on Florida State. Why stop now? Clemson by 21.
2. North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Boston College Eagles: This should be a great game to watch. Wolfpack by 10.
3. The Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: This was in line for game of the week, but everyone knows that the Hokies will walk away with this game by 13.
4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Miami Hurricanes: This “ACC game of the week” is the game everyone loves to see, because so many people hate these two teams, and they are picking the loser, not the winner. Hurricanes wins by 10.
5. Duke Blue Devils vs. Army Black Knights: It's an opportunity for the Blue Devils to redeem themselves, but the Army said this will be our best season in 10 years. Army by 6.
6. Tennessee Volunteers vs. Missouri Tigers: There is a possibility that the Vols could win this game, but that is said in each game. They're still not able to pull it off. Tigers in a close one by 3.
7. Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: "The Train" is still running full steam ahead and nothing is going to stop them. Tide by 21.
8. Arkansas Razorbacks vs. LSU Tigers: There is a small, very small chance for an upset by Arkansas, but it's home for the Tigers, LSU win by 1.
9. Georgia Dawgs vs. Auburn War Eagles: This is the Southeastern Conference game of the week. Auburn needs to keep the eagle in its cage because the Dawgs will take big bite out of it. Dawgs by 21.
10. Florida Gators vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: The Gamecocks are really going to enjoy this game. There will be Gator meat for all the fans. South Carolina by 13.
Tie breaker: Michigan State Spartans vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: An upset is coming. Michigan State does what it did two years ago — beat Ohio State at home. Spartans by 2.
There's a good chance that the ACC will be in 10 bowl games this year. Eight will be all the SEC can fill, but that is not counting the playoffs.
Bill Everett is a member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart and lives in the Baker area.