Coming to Crestview, Florida in the near future is a support group for sexual assault victims.
Our mission is, “A Christian-based network support group for sexually abused women and men. Our goal is to provide a holistic approach in allowing individuals to live a life of freedom through the word of God.”
Crestview does not currently have any of these resources in our local area. Scars of the Past has a safe meeting place where individuals can meet and become healed from the many internal and external scars from his or her assailant.
The support group is a place where you can share your story confidentially with others who have been through or [are] going through the same thing. You will also have access to a prayer partner who wants the best for you and is willing to intercede on your behalf.
We are a group of people dedicated to your physical, emotional, spiritual and mental well-being.
Here are some of the things you can look forward to when attending a Scars of the Past meeting:
• You will have support dealing with the effects of sexual abuse
• Support connecting you to a local health facility for medical or forensic examinations
• People who can listen and assist you as you walk through the events of what happened
• Local resources for healing and recovery
• Referrals to mental health professionals who will assist you with coping mechanisms and PTSD
• Information regarding victims' rights and compensation
• An advocate or guardian ad litem who will assist you with court proceedings
God has moved in a powerful way and I am excited about the next chapter.
For more information or to obtain the meeting place, time and location, please send your email to: email@example.com or call 850-612-9847.
Many thanks to my board of directors and a host of other anonymous community leaders who have helped with the start-up of this non-profit organization.
Patti Adams founded Scars of the Past, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations can be made through GoFundMe at https://www.gofundme.com/scars-of-the-past.