Here we are at the halfway point of the college football season and all the teams the experts picked to be the big winners are not there.
It seems we are going to have a bit of déjà vu in the Southeastern Conference, the Atlantic Coast Conference, and the National Title.
As of late Saturday night, the only teams at the top now are Penn State, Texas Christian, Wisconsin, Navy, Washington and Washington State, along with San Diego State. They are undefeated.
For all you diehard Florida fans, there's still hope for you. You now have South Florida to cheer for, and as for the SEC, Alabama, with Georgia, Auburn, and believe it or not, Kentucky is wanting a big bite out of the Crimson Tide. In the ACC, you have: Clemson with — and please believe me no one picked this one — North Carolina State, along with Virginia Tech and Miami with big wins Saturday.
Here are your 10 picks for the week, plus a tie breaker for Oct. 14.
1. Boston College Eagles versus Louisville Cardinals: With the way the Cardinals and the Heisman Trophy winner are playing, this just could be an upset here in the making. Boston College Eagles by 1.
2. Florida State Seminoles vs. Duke Blue Devils: This was to be the game of the week, with so much hope put in both teams. Surely the Seminoles can’t keep on losing. Yes they can and do. Blue Devils by 10.
3. Clemson Tigers vs. Syracuse Orangemen: The game is on Oct. 13. It will be the top game of the night, with the Tigers having about 24 points plus.
4. North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Pittsburgh Panthers: This is the ACC game of the week. Keep your eyes on the Wolfpack by 6.
5. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Miami Hurricanes: This should be a walk in the park for the Hurricanes, and they are in the position to make a statement. Miami by 13.
6. Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Alabama Crimson Tide (Train). Razorbacks are a hot and cold team. Crimson Tide will really have to watch themselves in this game. Ah, you can’t stop a Train. Tide by 14 plus.
7. Auburn War Eagles vs. LSU Tigers. This is the SEC game of the week. Do you really think that LSU can beat any team out of Alabama (ask the Troy Trojans about the Sun Belt Conference). War Eagles by 13.
8. South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Tennessee Volunteers: Unfortunately, Tennessee, I really do not see you winning any more games the rest of the year, except maybe against Vanderbilt, "but we still love ya!" There will be a lot of bird calls, and boos from the Vols. Fans; it’s not just the team but the coaching staff also. There's so much wrong at Tennessee. Gamecocks by 10.
9. Texas A&M Aggies vs. Florida Gators: Both teams lost Saturday and the Gators will lose again. Aggies by 10.
10. Missouri Tigers vs. Georgia Dawgs: The Dawgs will use this game to get a lot of attention in the SEC. Run-away Dawgs by 21 plus.
Tie Breaker: Oklahoma Sooners vs. Texas Longhorns. A few weeks ago so much was put on this game. It’s a big rivalry in the Cows and Horses towns and fans. Also, who has the best tail gate party? This was going to be so big, they were trying to reschedule for Friday night. Yes, it’s going to be a big shootout (bang bang). With a new sheriff in town, the Sooners will win big by 21. Now really, was that a surprise.
This is the time of the year halfway through the season that teams get a bit lackadaisical and are looking for that week off. It’s also the time of the year that teams get upset…Watch out Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. Tennessee, you need not to worry.