BAKER — Jack Stokes Road in Baker is open again after firefighters managed to quell a blaze at a two-story house at 5814 Jack Stokes Road. The road was blocked between West State Road 4 and Okaloosa County Road 4A.

The family called 911 about 1:15 p.m. after the dryer in the laundry room caught fire. Crews from the Baker, Holt, Harold and Blackman fire departments responded to the scene.

About half of the house was destroyed, 25 percent from fire damage and the other 25 percent from smoke and heat, according to Baker Fire Chief Dusty Talbert.

Firefighters had extinguished the blaze by 3:30 p.m. and the road was re-opened soon after.

No one was injured.