Drivers will encounter traffic variations on the following state roads in Okaloosa and Walton counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
· State Road (S.R.) 85 Turn Lane Construction from Commerce Drive to north of Airport Road in Crestview- North and southbound lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday ending Thursday, Sept. 28, excluding Labor Day holiday weekend, as crew construct turn lanes for a shopping center.
· S.R. 189 (Beal Parkway) Intersection Improvements at S.R. 393 (Mary Esther Boulevard) - Southbound lane restrictions from Park Drive to Ewing Court from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 13 through Thursday, Aug. 17 as crews clear trees and shrubs, remove concrete, and perform driveway, curb and sidewalk construction.
· Interstate 10 (I-10) Resurfacing from east of County Road 189 (Holt/ Exit 45) to west of Yellow River- Intermittent east and westbound lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Aug. 14 through Thursday, Aug. 17 as crews perform paving operations. Crews will also perform guardrail work during daytime hours. Drivers may encounter periodic inside and/or outside shoulder closures.
· S.R. 188 (Racetrack Road) Construction Activities near Carlos Drive- Drivers may encounter intermittent lane restrictions near Carlos Drive from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 16 and Thursday, Aug. 17 as crews perform construction activities in the median and near Carlos Drive.
· S.R. 85 Driveway Construction south of 3rd Street in Crestview-The southbound, outside lane will be closed just south of 3rd Street in Crestview from 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17 to 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 18 as crews install a new driveway to Waffle House.
· U.S. 98 Widening from Emerald Bay Drive to Tang-O-Mar Drive- Alternating east and westbound lane closures from the Okaloosa/Walton County line Poinciana Boulevard near Silver Sands Outlet stores from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 13 through Thursday, Aug. 17 as crews continue drainage improvements and roadway widening work.
· U.S. 98 Maintenance of Stormwater Drainage from Mack Bayou Road to U.S. 331- East and westbound, outside lane restrictions from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. continue through Friday, Aug. 25 as crews inspect stormwater pipe.