There are numerous roadways motorists should avoid in both Okaloosa and Walton counties due to construction.
Drivers will encounter traffic variations on the following state roads in Okaloosa and Walton counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
• State Road 123: Widening north of Toms Creek to north of Turkey Creek. The northbound, outside lane just south of the unnamed tributary will be closed beginning Sunday, July 30 at 7 p.m. to repair a drainage pipe. The closure will last for approximately two days or until repairs are complete.
• S.R. 145 (Perry Avenue): Resurfacing from U.S. 98 to Eglin Parkway. A northbound, inside lane closure between 2nd Street and Elgin Parkway from 8:30 p.m. Sunday, July 30 to 5:30 a.m. Monday, July 31 as crews mill and resurface the roadway.
• S.R. 189 (Beal Parkway): Intersection improvements at S.R. 393 (Mary Esther Boulevard). Southbound lane restrictions between Park Drive and Ewing Court from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, July 30 through Thursday, Aug. 3 as crews remove concrete and construct new curb and gutter.
• Interstate 10: Resurfacing from east of County Road 189 (Holt/Exit 45) to west of Yellow River. Intermittent east and westbound lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, July 30 through Thursday, Aug. 3 as crews perform paving operations.
• U.S. 98: Widening from Emerald Bay Drive to Tang-O-Mar Drive. Alternating east and westbound lane closures from the Okaloosa/Walton County line to County Road 2378 (Scenic Gulf Drive) from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, July 30 through Thursday, Aug. 3 as crews continue drainage improvements and roadway widening work.
• U.S. 98: Maintenance of stormwater drainage from Mack Bayou Road to U.S. 331. East and westbound, outside lane restrictions from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, July 30 through Friday, Aug. 25 as crews continue video and inspection of stormwater pipe.
All activities are weather dependent and may be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com.