CRESTVIEW — People dissatisfied with the direction the two dominating political parties have taken in America can learn about the Constitution Party of Florida.
A meeting is set 6 p.m. June 15 at Hideaway Pizza, 326 Main St., Crestview.
"The members of the Constitution Party believe this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions but on a foundation of Christian principles and values," a media release states. "For this very reason peoples of all faiths have been and are afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
Party members believe government must be bound by the Constitution of the United States, and that the Declaration of Independence, US Constitution, and Bill of Rights are the founding documents of the US.
The press release states, "Party members believe in the following seven principles:
1. Life — Life for all human beings: from conception to natural death.
2. Personal liberty — Constrain the government to its enumerated powers so it does not impede the liberty of the people whom it serves.
3. Property rights — Each individual possesses the right to own and steward personal property without government burden.
4. Originalist interpretation —Interpret the founding documents according to the meaning originally intended by the founding fathers.
5. Family — Family is the bedrock of a healthy society. It is imperative that government maintains a favorable position to the divinely instituted nuclear family, not one that leads to its destruction.
6. Personal responsibility —Americanist ideals are rooted in self-sustenance. Government social and cultural policies have undermined the work ethic, even as the government’s economic and regulatory policies have undermined the ability of citizens to obtain work.
7. Sound money and constitutional banking — End the Fed and return to the stability of gold- and silver-based money."