1. DISPLAY YOUR CAR. Crestview Hooters will host their Show N' Shine Car Show 2-6 p.m. June 3 at 180 Cracker Barrel Drive. This event will continue the first Saturday every month. People are invited to bring their hot rod or muscle car. The event will include contests, a live raffle and an award for the “hottest” car in the show.
2. WATCH A DRAG RACE. Emerald Coast Dragway will host ECHO Heads Up Racing 3-10 p.m. June 3 at 7134 Garner Landing Road, Holt. Time trials start at 5 p.m. General admission is $12; $10 admission for military and police; and kids 10 and younger enter free.
3. LISTEN TO LOCAL BANDS. Bands on the Blackwater returns 7 p.m. June 2 on South Willing Street. The outdoor concert series, held Friday nights in downtown Milton, is free to attend. You can pull up a boat or bring a lawn chair and relax while listening to music. This week’s featured band is Bay Bridge Band.
4. ATTEND A FESTIVAL. The 62nd annual Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival will be held at 3 p.m. June 2 and 6 p.m. June 3 at the Fort Walton Beach Landing Park on Brooks Street. A $15 wristband allows a full day of unlimited access to a rock climbing wall, Euro bungee, and seven inflatable rides including an 18-foot slide, a bounce and slide combo, a mini obstacle course and a bounce house. The kids’ area will feature a community carnival. The event will also include shopping, food, and music. The Rowdies will take the stage 7:30-9 p.m. June 2. Show Me Dragon will be on the main stage 11 a.m.-2 p.m. June 3. A fireworks show will take place 9 p.m. June 2.
5. ENJOY PATRIOTIC MUSIC. The Village Belles, a female music trio celebrating the music of the 40s and 50s, will host Salute to the Troops 7:30-9 p.m. June 1 at HarborWalk Village, 10 Harbor Blvd., Destin. Salute to the Troops is a musical event featuring music starting at the early 1940s through today, with a patriotic theme as a tribute to the United States Military. Admission is free and open to the public.