EXTENSION CONNECTION: Reporting problems with a food product

Published: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

 For all non-meat food products — like cereals, fish, produce, fruit juice, pastas and cheeses — call or write to the Food and Drug Administration, 850-942-8325 or 3116 Capital Circle NE, Suite 4, Tallahassee, FL.

Have the following information available:

●Name, address and phone number

●The product’s brand name, product name and manufacturer

●The size and package type

●Can or package codes and dates; these are not UPC bar codes

●Establishment number, or EST, usually found in the circle or shield near the "USDA passed and inspected" phrase

1 2 3

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top

Local Faves

Tonight in Prime Time