EXTENSION CONNECTION: Reporting problems with a food product

Published: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Services have assigned separate government agencies to protect segments of the food supply.

If you have experienced a problem with a food product, contact the appropriate public health organization.

For the USDA to investigate a problem with meat, poultry or egg products, call 1-888-674-6854. You must have:

●The original container or packaging

●The foreign object found in the product

●Any uneaten portion of the food — refrigerate or freeze it

For help with restaurant food problems, contact your local city, county or state Department of Public Health.

1 2 3

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top

Local Faves

Tonight in Prime Time